<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/31400499?origin\x3dhttp://melifeme.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



Profile


Cheryl Tan
23 May
Child of God
YCCA-Xxon; Cell-u-lites
RPCCC-Spiritual Multiplier
Youth Entrepreneurship IG-President



Herwishes

I want to... join full time(when?)
I want to... go mission trips
I want to... have more christian books
I want to... be the salt and light
I want to... graduate with a GPA of 3.0
I want to... get driving license by 2010
I want to... get into the teaching industry
I want to... get a Degree in Business Administration, SIM(UB)
I want to... get a MacBook/MacBook Pro
I want to... get a iphone


Daily Bread

Pasts

Friday, February 27, 2009 @11:29 AM
♥ hot title:

This is an email daily devotion i received!
it helps me understand something im always puzzle in...

i use to ask when i read this verse saying... work out your salvation with fear and trembling ... i ask God, God u are so contradicting... u say that no good works can gain salvation cox salvation is from u... but now u ask me to work out my salvation with fear and trembling... now i got what God meant... He finally answered my question after so many years...

salvation is from God, and from the day when we trust and believe, He have given to us... the point is not getting salvation now cox i already have... the point is to develop it, develop what i already have!

GOD I GET U! TIME FOR ME TO DO SOME WORK OUT! THANK YOU DADDY GOD!


Spiritual Growth Is a Collaborative Effort by Rick Warren

Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Philippians 2:12-13 (NIV)

*** *** *** ***

Once you decide to get serious about becoming like Christ, you must begin to act in new ways. You'll need to let go of some old routines, develop some new habits, and intentionally change the way you think.

The verse above shows the two parts of spiritual growth: "work out" and "work in."The "work out" is your responsibility and the "work in" is God's role.Spiritual growth is a collaborative effort between you and the Holy Spirit. God's Spirit works with us, not just in us.

This verse, written to believers, is not about how to be saved, but how to grow. It doesn't say "work for" your salvation, because you can't add anything to what Jesus already did!

For example, during a physical workout, you exercise to develop your body, not to get a body. When you work out a puzzle, you already have all the pieces – your task is to put the pieces together. Farmers work the land, not to get land, but to develop what they already have.

God has given you a new life; now you're responsible to develop it "with fear and trembling." That means to take your spiritual growth seriously, because it will determine your role in eternity. When people are casual about their growth in Christlikeness, it shows they don't understand the implications.